- As the total number of coronavirus cases continues to increase, some of the most well-known celebrities have confirmed that they’ve tested positive for the COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.
- Actors Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson announced they tested positive while they were together in Australia.
- NBA players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and Christian Wood have all confirmed that they have COVID-19.
- Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, also tested positive for the virus.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The total number of new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, has increased daily, and some of the most well-known celebrities have tested positive for the illness.
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were some of the first celebrities to be diagnosed with COVID-19. And Utah Jazz teammates Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell have both tested positive as well, prompting the NBA to suspend the remainder of its season.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, also tested positive for the coronavirus after speaking at massive event in London, which Idris Elba attended weeks before testing positive for the illness as well. They have not confirmed that the two cases are connected.
NBA star Kevin Durant and three other players on the Brooklyn Nets tested positive for the coronavirus. Prior to their diagnosis, they played the Los Angeles Lakers on March 10 before the NBA canceled their 2019-2020 season.
Here are all the celebrities who have tested positive for COVID-19 thus far.
First published here: insider.com